We're looking for a Freelance Back-End Web Developer
Active Ingredients, a San Francisco Bay Area-based digital marketing and experience design agency, is seeking an experienced freelance back-end web developer to work with our team.
This is a freelance position at a projected 20 hours per week to start. On-site work preferred but open to remote. To apply, send your resume and why you are a good match for this role to
- 2-4+ years of experience working on digital marketing-focused backend development projects, e.g. websites, CMS, APIs, web applications, online contests, server management, CDN, AWS
- Compose maintainable, scalable, and modular code (PHP) that integrates well with a diverse set of back-end platforms
- Has experience using at least one or a variety of different content management systems (MODX, Craft, Wordpress, Drupal, Sitecore, etc)
- Experience with MODX, PHP 7.1+, Rails, MySQL, and/or Vagrant a plus
- Understands browser / client specific compatibility issues
- Possesses knowledge of server and systems architectures
You're a fit if...
- You're a developer with a love and enthusiasm for coding digital experiences and have a passion for a polished end product.
- You have experience in contributing to and/or leading key digital project deliverables including CMS implementation, server setup/management, writing scalable PHP and/or building/integrating APIs.
- You can assist in architecture and deployment tasks in back-end web development.
- You thrive in a fun, highly-collaborative environment.
You solve information problems
We pride ourselves on being able to partner with our clients to develop custom solutions to solve their business problems.
You’re a pro
You are passionate, flexible, and ready to collaborate with talented engineers to craft brilliant applications from even bigger ideas. You’re a good citizen of the web who believes in choosing the right tool for the job, values including all users, and understands the power of testing.
About Active Ingredients
Founded in 2004, Active Ingredients is a digital marketing and experience design agency based in the San Francisco Bay Area (Larkspur, CA). We are a close knit, collaborative team of designers, technologists, and storytellers that helps brands build strong customer relationships. Our proven track record of creating high impact, results-driven websites and digital campaigns speaks for itself.
Our service expertise includes:
- Visual and User Experience Strategy and Design
- Digital Brand Strategy
- Content Strategy and Copywriting
- Digital Marketing: Social, search and email
- Technical Development and Integration: CMS, CRM, and custom applications
- Analytics & Testing
To apply, send your resume and why you are good match for this role to